《唐顿庄园》老太太金句
第一集(马修一家要来庄园继承之前与玛丽妈妈的对话)
You hope you know why .but is not at all the same.你们自以为清楚而已,现实可不总是随人如愿。
Well ,we have start somewhere.
千里之行,始于足下。
No one wants to kiss a girl in black.
没人愿意跟穿丧服的姑娘谈情说爱。
第二集
How do you find being home again?
重回故地,感觉怎样?
Tell me you will not permit this amateur to influence your professional opinion.
你该不会让一个外行影响您专业的判断吧。
They’ll not disturb the peace of your husband’s last hours.
他们不能在你丈夫弥留之际打扰他。
第三集
It’s not brilliant, but I’m pleased.
虽不完美,但也凑合。
Then there’s nothing more to be said.
那就无需多言了。
马修妈:surely, we must all encourage those less fortunate to improve their lot where they can.
我们都应鼓励下层人民去提高自己的生活质量。
老太太:not if isn’t in their best interests.
怕是好心办坏事吧。
马修妈:isn’t the maid a better judge of that than we are?
是好是坏,女仆比我们有发言权,不是吗?
I hanker for a simpler world.
我向往简单安定。
No Englishman would dream of dying in someone else’s house,especially someone they didn’t know.
英国人就不会跑到别人家翘辫子,还是在陌生人家里。
Well, I hope we’re in control of something, if only ourselves.
总得控制点什么吧,至少掌控自己。
Nanny always said sweet tea was the thing for frayed nerves. Though why it has to be sweet, I couldn’t tell you.
外婆总说喝甜茶能缓舒紧绷的神经,虽然不晓得为何是甜的。
第四集
Oh, I don’t think things are quite that desperate.
我觉得还没沦落到那种境地。
One can’t go to pieces at the death of every foreigner. We’d all be in a state of collapse whenever we opened a newspaper.
不能因为死了个外国人就像丢了魂儿似的。那样的话,岂不是看报都要晕倒。
Please don’t think we’re ungrateful for your enthusiasm, but there comes a time when things are best left to the professionals.
我们并不是不领情,但是有时候还是内行门儿清。
第五集
第六集
Well, I always thought this family might be approaching dissolution. I didn’t know dissolution was already upon us.
我一直觉得这个家可能在向分崩离析发展,可我不知道,天已经塌下来了。
You were quite right. When something bad happens, there’s no point in wishing it had not happened. The only option is to minimize the damage.
你说的没错,既然坏事已经发生,再指望它没有发生就完全没有意义了。唯一的选择就是把损害降到最小。
I mean, one way or another, everyone goes down the aisle with half the story hidden.
不管怎样,谁结婚的时候不是半遮半掩的啊。
In this case Mary has the trump card. What?Mary is family.
在这件事儿上,玛丽手里握有王牌。怎么讲?(玛丽妈妈)玛丽是我的家人啊。
第七集
I know those men of the moral high ground. If she won’t say, ”Yes”, when he might be poor, he won’t want her, when he will be rich.
我了解那些道德观很强的人,如果她不愿意跟他共贫贱,那他也不会跟她共富贵。

唐顿庄园 第一季Downton Abbey(2010)

又名:当顿庄园 / 唐顿庄园 第一季

主演:休·博纳维尔 米歇尔·道克瑞 劳拉·卡尔迈克尔 杰西卡·布朗 

导演:布莱恩·派西维尔 本·博尔特 布莱恩·凯利 编剧:朱利安·费罗斯 Julian Fellowes/Shelagh Stephenson/Tina Pepler

唐顿庄园 第一季的影评